It is your responsibility to renew your drivers licence before it expires. To renew your licence you will need to come in person with your existing drivers licence, a second piece of record-able traceable identification, and a completed medical form if required for your class of licence, or due to a medical condition.

Come Prepared:

  • All Driver licence services need to be done in person with appropriate identification
  • Always be prepared to have your picture taken.
  • Changing your Address – come in, bring your licence and a second piece of ID
  • Changing out of province  Drivers License for a  Alberta Drivers License  Bring in current drivers license, Either Birth Certificate or valid Passport, and 1-2 piece’s of mail with your Alberta address.
  • Lost or Stolen Drivers Licence/ID Card – you need to come in with two pieces of ID
  • Learner’s test and Knowledge test for Class 1,2,3,4,6 Licences

Government of Alberta – Transportation Online Handbooks

Road Test Services

Road tests may only be booked in person at a registry agent location or online.

For road test information, to see available exams, dates and times and/or schedule an appointment visit the Alberta Road Tests.

For new bookings, you will need to provide:

  • The Motor Vehicle Identification Number (MVID) of the person taking the road test.
  • This is the 9-digit number found near the barcode of your Alberta Driver’s Licence.
  • A valid credit card if booking online.

If you require further information or clarification, please contact the Alberta Transportation Client Support Centre at 780-427-8230 (to call toll free in Alberta, dial 310-0000 first) or email The client support centre is open from 8:15 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday to Friday. Alberta Transportation Client Support Centre is not open on weekends and statutory holidays.


Drivers Abstract There are 3 ways to obtain your Drivers Abstract:

  • If you are attending our office in person, print this form. Request for Personal Driving and Motor Vehicle Information
  • If you are unable to attend in person you need to give consent to someone known to you. This consent form may be faxed, emailed or scanned and either sent to the person whom you are giving consent to bring in, or sent to our office and we will hold it until the person whom you have given consent to, comes into our office. Drivers Abstract Consent
  • If you cannot attend a Registry office in person, and you do not have someone in Alberta that you can provide an original consent(option 2) to, then the following form must be completed and notarized, a copy of your ID must also be notarized. You must mail us the notarized form and notarized copy of your ID along with a Money Order for $50.00 and a PREPAID Express Post envelope. We will process the abstract and return it to you. You can also use this form if you are out of province and require a confirmation letter regarding date first licensed or proof of registration on a vehicle. Notarized request for personal driving and motor vehicle information



View Services


View Services


View Services


View Services


View Services


View Services


View Services


View Services

Copyright © Stony Plain Registries. All Rights Reserved.